Voice Demo 2015 Voice Demo 2015

Overall, this is a great showcase for your voice. I'd avoid using pre-established content, though- it's nice to know you CAN do imitations, but unless someone is looking for that specific voice or style of voice, they usually get glanced over. If you like a voice, try imitating it, then making it your own. I forget which voice over actor it was- but they said all of the characters they've ever created were bad imitations of someone else. Like when Seth MacFarlane (bad example, I know) was creating the voice for Stewie, he took a character from one of his favorite musicals (Professor Henry Higgins from My Fair Lady) and gave it his own spin.

A lot of these skits sound somewhat similar, however. You've got a unique voice, no denying it, but try to interlace character voices with situation voices. Something you do a lot better than I do, however, is add emotion into your work. This was a joy to listen to, start to finish, because it sounded like you actually *cared* about what you're doing. If you don't care, then why should the listener? That's something I always struggle with.

At any rate, good job, and I hope to hear you in other work!

Axolotl responds:

Thanks for the really insightful review! I do kinda regret the Powerpuff Girls things since everything else was original. But hey, it's up and I'll deal with it, haha. However, I'm totally gonna do 100% original material for my next one.

I'll definitely take your suggestions and input into strong consideration. With this being my very first demo, I wasn't entirely sure how to go about it. I'm glad I received some good criticism this quickly so I can work on some of my flaws.

I'm glad you could hear the emotion I put into this, though! It makes me happy knowing that it was obvious. I worked really hard on some of the voices and whatnot, trying to get them to fit a certain type and all that. Being entertaining is a very important thing to me, and I'm super glad you saw that I cared about my work. :D

Thanks again! I'll be sure to take your criticism to heart and work on something even better for next time. Cheers!

The Amazing Drill The Amazing Drill

I'm digging the syncopation on this! Nice job, dude. Pretty original.

poipoi responds:

Had to look that up. Syncopation when you put unexpected twists in the rhythm. Looks like I used that with the high hats. You never notice when gross beat works its magic, just does it sound good? Yes. Ok I'll keep that. If you liked the melody it's from let it rock by Kevin Rudolph. I still think it's original though because I used some other elements to change the atmosphere and mood of the song.

Chilled Vibes Chilled Vibes

Very mellow. I like it a lot. You did a great job with the flow. It transitions from one part to the next almost seamlessly, to make a very relaxing sound.

5 stars. Good work. I'll be looking forward to seeing more in the future.

Blunt responds:

Thanks bud appreciate it :)

Redemption Redemption

See, you have the same problem I do when it comes to making music. I always make my drum beats too simplified. I mean, don't get me wrong. This isn't a bad track, it just isn't what it could have been.

Add a bit more variation on the drums, make them more complex. Maybe introduce a counter-melody to offset the repetitiveness of the main melody a little bit. Or at least, that's what I'd try to do.

It's catchy, I'll give you that. But all in all it's kind of generic. Keep up the good work, my friend.

Best Voice Actress Evar Tips!! Best Voice Actress Evar Tips!!

Listen people,

This woman speaks the honest to goodness truth.

Phoenix Rising Phoenix Rising

Not bad at all. I like it!

I agree with the reviewer before me. This sounds like something straight out of the 90's. And for a 'cheap' set of equipment, this is damn fine.

My only complaint? Lyrics. It'd be cool if you put them up on here. ;)

Final judgement? Yes. You can sing.

ChimeraNoise responds:

Thank you very much Morph!

Chords and lyrics are below. (:

Phoenix Rising

[Em] [C]
I've been a long time coming now,
Getting up to get shot down Verse 1
[Em] [C]
But I'll never let it get to me,
[Gm7] [D] [Am]
I'm following these long roads home.

[Em] [C] [Gm7]
Oh, I'm a Phoenix rising.

[Gm7 - Em - Gm7] Refrain

[Am] [C] [Gm7]
Yeah, Yeah. I'm a Phoenix rising.

[Em] [C]
I've been gone for awhile now,
It's a wonder if I'll ever be found. Verse 2
But it's okay, I'm okay, I'll just play
[Gm7] [D] [Am]
anyway while I'm on my way home.

[C] [Gm7]
Oh, I'm a Phoenix rising.

[Gm7 - Em - Gm7] Refrain

[Am] [C] [Gm7]
Yeah, Yeah. I'm a Phoenix rising.

[C]
While I've been gone,
[Am]
I've been singing this song.
[Am]
And I'd sit under the moon,
[C]
Beside a thought of you,
[Gm7] [D]
just playing the night away.
[Am]
I'd play the night away.

Pokémon Legend Pokémon Legend

Holy shit!

This is so freaking epic, words can't even really describe it. Why didn't they use this in a Super Smash Bros. game?

I love it. 10/10 5/5. You sir, have my respect.

**Zelda's Lullaby** **Zelda's Lullaby**

Great.

Beautiful voice, beautiful lyrics, brilliant take on an old classic. Great job.

VGSongbird responds:

Thank You. I'm sure I'm far from brilliance, but I appreciate the sentiment. :D

Can We Start Over Can We Start Over

It's a good track, but I have a suggestion...

First of all, the music is very clean. It sounds very professional, like something straight out of a movie.

Secondly, your voice isn't all that bad. It fits the track pretty well. I don't mind it.

The lyrics are pretty damn good by themselves. A bit carbon copy, but that's not a bad thing for this type of song.

My only complaint is this- why did you edit your voice? It would have flowed a lot better without effects. The distortion and echo overpower everything else and make it a kind of hard to listen to. I would seriously tone the effects down a bit. Leave SOME echo in for dramatic effect, but don't let the vocal distortion overpower the actual voice.

All in all, a decent effort. 8/10, 4/5

Fried Egg (Friday Parody) Fried Egg (Friday Parody)

Freaking love it.

JAZZA, you could very well become the new Weird Al Yankovic if you wanted to.